San Diego is a popular destination for RVers, offering a mild climate, scenic views, and a variety of outdoor activities. Whether you’re looking for a peaceful retreat or a base camp for exploring the area, there’s an RV resort for you in San Diego. Here are our top five picks for RV resorts in the San Diego area, along with some of their pros and cons.
- Mission Bay RV Resort: This RV resort is located near Mission Bay and offers easy access to the beach. Pros: Convenient location, close to attractions, good for families. Cons: Can be crowded, limited shade.
- Campland on the Bay: This RV resort is situated near Mission Bay and offers a variety of activities for families. Pros: Good for families, plenty of activities, convenient location. Cons: Can be noisy, limited privacy.
- Chula Vista RV Resort: This RV resort is located near Chula Vista and offers a peaceful setting with scenic views. Pros: Scenic views, peaceful, good for seniors. Cons: Far from attractions, limited activities.
- San Diego Metro KOA: This RV resort is located near San Diego and offers easy access to attractions and outdoor activities. Pros: Convenient location, plenty of activities, good for families. Cons: Can be crowded, limited privacy.
- Rancho Los Coches RV Park: This RV resort is located near Lake Morena and offers a peaceful setting with scenic views. Pros: Scenic views, peaceful, good for nature lovers. Cons: Far from attractions, limited activities.
No matter which RV resort you choose, you’re sure to have an enjoyable and memorable experience in San Diego. Just remember to make reservations early, as RV resorts in the area can fill up quickly during peak season. Happy travels!
Heading out soon? Don’t forget these RV essentials.
- Portable water and waste tank: This will make it easy to manage your water supply and waste while on the road.
- RV-specific surge protector: This will protect your RV’s electrical system from power surges and voltage spikes.
- Leveling blocks: These will help you level your RV on uneven ground, making it more comfortable to live in and improving the efficiency of your appliances.
- Portable generator: This will provide you with backup power in case of a power outage or if you’re camping in a remote location without access to electricity.
- Outdoor rug: This will provide a comfortable and clean outdoor living space, helping to protect your RV’s interior from dirt and moisture.